Wednesday, July 23, 2008

And here I thought...

I figured when I started my blog that I would have to wrack my brain for things to write about...HA!

Last night round about 10:00 I went upstairs to get my clothes ironed for the next morning. I started to smell this smell...SKUNK. That's when I remembered that the dogs were outside and I *knew* one or both of them got sprayed.

I came running down the stairs and my Mother had let the dogs in...along with the pungent odor of eau de skunk. My little Lucy got socked right in the face. Ethel, her smarter younger sister managed to side step the whole debacle.

So instead of ironing my clothes I was giving Lucy a bath in vinegar and then in shampoo. She still stinks so tonight I am going to try a remedy that my co-worker gave me...douche. Hmmm, I am not quite sure about this method, but I am willing to give anything a try right about now.

The little cutie pie sitting oh so pretty in this photo is my stinky Lucy and Ethel is the little cutie pie laying on the rug.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, did the douche work? I've heard that tomato juice is good for getting skunk smell off an animal also. karen

Donna G said...

It worked OK. I think anything that is acid-like is supposed to work on eau de skunk. Between the vinegar and the Summer Fresh douche, she is almost back to normal LOL